This course is ideal for you if you are interested in a career or academic progression in the field of Travel and Tourism and if your first language is not English. The course will allow you to improve your English language level and your understanding and knowledge of the Travel and Tourism sector.
Your studies will include a range of NQ National 5 units including
- ESOL (English for Speakers of Other Languages)
- An Introduction to Travel and Tourism
- Tourism Marketing
- Selling Skills
- Resort Rep
- Tourist Destinations and the Scottish Tourism Product
- Customer Care
- Presentation Skills.
- There will also be an interesting programme of visits to tourist attractions in Edinburgh and occasionally guest speakers from the travel industry.
How Course Is Assessed:
- Assessments and role play throughout the duration of the course
Number of Days per week:
- A minimum of 5 passes at National 4 and 2 passes at National 5 in relevant subjects.
- Or a minimum of 5 passes at SCQF level 4 and 2 passes at SCQF level 5 in relevant subjects.
English Proficiency Requirements:
- ESOL Intermediate 1/National 4 SQA or above or equivalent
Information on Test/Auditions/Interview Requirements:
- You will be invited for a test and interview where your language level and suitability for the course will be checked
- Progress to further studies such as;
- HNC/D Travel and Tourism
- HNC Events
Jesus joined Edinburgh College 3 years ago to study an English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL) course to improve his English language standard. He later progressed within the College to study Tourism with English and is now in his final year of our Travel & Tourism HND course. “I really enjoy what I am doing. I never had a set plan when I moved from Spain. I came to college and knew no English but I knew I wanted to do something in tourism.”
Fees - Information about funding can be found here
This course will start week commencing...
This course will end on...