If you are an existing or aspiring learning and development practitioner this CIPD Foundation Certificate will provide you with a wide range of relevant practical skills to enhance your employability and promotion prospects. You will develop your skills and become an effective learning and development practitioner and learn how to prepare and design learning and development activities. This is a professionally recognised qualification and, upon successful completion, you will automatically become an Associate Professional Member of CIPD enhancing your employment and promotional prospects even further. This course offers you blended learning both in-class with highly experienced College lecturers and self-study out with College hours.
- Becoming an Effective Learning and Development Practitioner
- Learning and Development and the Organisation
- Identifying Learning and Development Needs
- Designing Learning and Development Activities
- Delivering Learning and Development Activities
- Evaluating Learning and Development Activities
- There are no formal entry requirements, but you will need appropriate work experience in the industry
English Proficiency Requirements
How the course is assessed
- You will be continually assessed through practical assignments.
Information on Test/Auditions/Interview Requirements
- You will be invited to attend an interview to assess if this is the correct course for you
Progression And Articulation Routes
- Progression to other CIPD recognised programmes such as CIPD Diploma in Human Resource Development.
- This course will enhance your learning and development skills and allow progression in your career which can lead to a promotion or a senior job role
- 1 evening per week (Tuesday 5:45pm-8:45 pm)
Course Cost And Funding Options
Fee: £1275 Sighthill evening (year 1)
Thirty-two-year-old Sebastian Stadelmeier moved from Poland and came to Edinburgh College. He now graduates with HND in Human Resource Management.
Seb also leaves with a Principal’s Award for Academic Excellence in Business after consistently scoring highly in his graded units and completing a CIPD course alongside his HND. Read more about his Edinburgh College journey. Seb said:
“I feel really privileged to receive the Prize. It makes me feel proud and proves that hard work pays off. The best thing about college are the lecturers definitely!! They are a great source of knowledge and experience and a great level of support. During my HND I was working at the same time as well as studying a CIPD course at Edinburgh College in the evening. I was a very busy, but the lecturers were very flexible and supported me a lot!
From studying at Edinburgh College I have moved straight to MSc HRM course in Edinburgh Napier University. I started working in HR when I was studying my HND. My plan is to finish my masters and then find suitable employment that will correspond to my interests and qualifications.”
Read more of our student stories here.
This course will start on…
This course will end on...