CIPD Intermediate Diploma in Human Resource Development provides the perfect platform to develop your learning, knowledge and skills in your current job role. This is a day-release course (a system of allowing employees days off work to go on educational courses) designed for those who has completed the CIPD Foundation Certificate in Learning and Development (L&D). Edinburgh College is one of the only providers of this course in Scotland. Upon successful completion you will automatically become an Associate Professional Member of CIPD enhancing your employment and promotional prospects even further.
- Developing Professional Practice in L&D
- Understanding the Context of L&D
- Using Information, Metrics and Developing Business Cases for L&D
- Implementing Coaching and Mentoring
- Developing Leadership and Management Skills
- Enhancing Participant Engagement in the Learning Process
- Designing and Developing Digital and Blended Learning Solutions
- There are no formal entry requirements, but you will need appropriate work experience in the industry
English Proficiency Requirements
How the course is assessed
Information on Test/Auditions/Interview Requirements
- You will be invited to attend an interview to assess if this is the correct course for you
Progression And Articulation Routes
- CIPD Advanced Diploma in Human Resource Development
- This course will enhance your learning and development skills and allow progression in your career which can lead to a promotion or a senior job role
- 1 day per week (Thursday 2.15pm-7pm)
Course Cost And Funding Options
Fee: £2295 Sighthill evening (year 1)
Thirty-two-year-old Sebastian Stadelmeier moved from Poland and came to Edinburgh College. He now graduates with HND in Human Resource Management.
Seb also leaves with a Principal’s Award for Academic Excellence in Business after consistently scoring highly in his graded units and completing a CIPD course alongside his HND. Read more about his Edinburgh College journey. Seb said:
“I feel really privileged to receive the Prize. It makes me feel proud and proves that hard work pays off. The best thing about college are the lecturers definitely!! They are a great source of knowledge and experience and a great level of support. During my HND I was working at the same time as well as studying a CIPD course at Edinburgh College in the evening. I was a very busy, but the lecturers were very flexible and supported me a lot!
From studying at Edinburgh College I have moved straight to MSc HRM course in Edinburgh Napier University. I started working in HR when I was studying my HND. My plan is to finish my masters and then find suitable employment that will correspond to my interests and qualifications.”
Read more of our student stories here.
This course will start on…
This course will end on...