This Level 5 National Certificate course gives you an excellent introduction to the travel and tourism industry. It will develop your knowledge of tourist destinations and the different roles you could work in and allow you to develop skills in order for you to provide excellent customer service. This will really prepare you well for sector employment or further studies in this area which could lead to an exciting career in the growing industry that is travel and tourism.
- Tourist Destinations
- Selling Skills
- Skills for Customer Care
- Travel and Tourism: Enhancing Skills for Employment
- Airport Ground Operations: An Introduction
- Resort Representation: An Introduction
- Tour Guiding: An Introduction
- Working as Air Cabin Crew
- British Isles Tourist Destinations with a Scottish Context
- Understanding Tourism in the Local Area
- Information and Communication
Please note that 40% of the course units are delivered at level 6.
How Course Is Assessed:
- Open and closed book assessments reports and role play
Number of Days per week:
- A minimum requirement of 5 National 4s to include English & Maths or Communications and Numeracy or equivalent and 2 National 5s to reflect that some of the course content is delivered at level 6 .
- A minimum requirement of 5 National 4s to include English & Maths or Communications and Numeracy and 2 National 5s to reflect that some of the course content is delivered at level 6
English Proficiency Requirements:
Information on Test/Auditions/Interview Requirements:
- Candidates will be asked to attend an interview
Help find your perfect career with Career Coach
- Completion of this course will provide you with a range of career opportunities in the travel and tourism sector. Cabin crew airport ground operations visitor attraction advisors tour guiding resort representative and travel agent.
Download our progression route map here
- NC level 6 Travel and Tourism or NC Activity Tourism
Use our Funding Tool to assist you with financial support
Fees - Information about funding can be found here
This course will start week commencing... br >