If you`re not sure what course to study then Introduction to Retail Events and Tourism might be the one for you. This course will give you an insight into the vibrant and fast-paced industries of Retail Events and Tourism and will enable you to get a better understanding of these areas before making a career choice.
Throughout the course you will get the opportunity to meet and talk to employers whilst developing your employability skills. There is an emphasis on team work - part of the course will involve working with others to plan and organise an event and you will also get the opportunity to set up pop-up shops and get involved in the Colleges annual Christmas Fair.
There will be the opportunity to take part in a programme of visits to businesses operating within the retail events and tourism industry to provide you with further insights into these industries. You will also have the chance to build on your communication and IT skills as well as your confidence and personal effectiveness.
You will gain an overview of the Retail Events and Tourism industries enabling you to make an informed choice in the area you wish to work or further study in. Youll get the opportunity to develop your customer care skills your team building skills and the course will help to build on your communication and IT skills as well as your confidence and personal effectiveness. Units you will study on the course include:
- Travel and Tourism: Employability
- Travel and Tourism: UK and Worldwide
- Introduction to Retail Merchandising
- Working for Yourself
- Skills for Customer Care
- Digital communication
- Methods Enterprise Activity
- There is a mandatory work placement this will give you the opportunity to develop your employability skills and will support your studies
How Course Is Assessed:
- The course is assessed on an on-going basis through the following methods - Open book, Closed book, Projects, Practical observations
Number of Days per week:
- 3 days plus work placement hours in semester 2
- Minimum of 2 Core Skills passes at SCQF Level 3 and a successful interview
English Proficiency Requirements:
Information on Test/Auditions/Interview Requirements:
- A group task will be set and applicants will be interviewed on a 1 to 1 basis
Help find your perfect career with Career Coach
- Various employment opportunities within the retail events and travel and tourism sectors
Download our progression route map here
- NC Events Co-ordination NC Retailing NC Travel and Tourism Various employment opportunities within these sectors
Use our Funding Tool to assist you with financial support
Fees - Information about funding can be found here
This course will start week commencing... br >
This course will end on...