The National 5 German course enables learners with some knowledge of the language (post-beginner level or equivalent) to understand and use German at a level which will enable them to apply knowledge and understanding on regularly encountered topics within the contexts of society, culture, learning and employability.
During the course, learners will consolidate and develop the skills of reading, listening, writing and speaking. Grammar aspects will be studied within topical contexts and classroom interaction in the language will be encouraged during the course.
This course is available as a part-time, class-based course or on-line, as a distance learning course.
Course Fees: £268 (approx.). Fees will be confirmed when an application has been processed.
- consolidate and develop the skills of reading, listening, writing speaking
- translation within the four contexts, covering topics such as family and friends, lifestyles, learning in context, jobs, and other cultural aspects of the language
How Course Is Assessed:
Number of Days per week:
- This course runs for a total of 15 weeks.
- The part-time, class-based course runs either once or twice a week (depending on demand) on Tuesdays and/or Thursdays from 1:30 pm to 4 pm.
- The on-line, distance learning course is delivered through the College’s virtual campus Moodle and offers regular contact with the course tutor, either at College, via Skype or over the phone.
- French at SCQF National 4 level or equivalent
Applicants must demonstrate the ability to work at an appropriate level by having already achieved a pass at A or B in the level below which they are applying for
This course requires the ability to study independently and applicants should identify clearly the reason for studying their chosen subject in their course application
English Proficiency Requirements:
Download our progression route map here
- Higher German course
- Other qualifications in German or related areas
Fees - Information about funding can be found here
Fee: £268 Open Learning (year 1)Fee: £268 Sighthill part-time (year 1) Use our Funding Tool to assist you with financial support