The Higher French course enables learners with previous knowledge of the language to understand and use French at a level which will enable them to apply knowledge and understanding on regularly encountered topics within the contexts of society, culture, learning and employability.
During the course, learners will consolidate and develop the skills of reading, listening, writing speaking and translation. Grammar aspects will be studied within topical contexts and classroom interaction in the language will be an important aspect of the course.
This course is available as a part-time, class-based course or on-line, as a distance learning course.
Course Fees: £268 (approx.). Fees will be confirmed when an application has been processed.
- consolidate and develop the skills of reading, listening, writing speaking
- translation within the four contexts, covering topics such as family and friends, lifestyles, learning in context, jobs, and other cultural aspects of the language
How Course Is Assessed:
Number of Days per week:
- This course runs for a total of 15 weeks.
- The part-time, class-based course runs either once or twice a week (depending on demand) on Tuesdays and/or Thursdays from 1:30 pm to 4 pm
- The on-line, distance learning course is delivered through the College’s virtual campus Moodle and offers regular contact with the course tutor, either at College, via Skype or over the phone
- French National 5 (course or relevant component units) or equivalent study and/or experience
- This course requires the ability to study independently and applicants should identify clearly the reason for studying their chosen subject in their course application
English Proficiency Requirements:
Information on Test/Auditions/Interview Requirements:
- An interview may be necessary if candidate has achieved a qualification equivalent to SCQF level 5
Help find your perfect career with Career Coach
- Further study employment and/or training
- Advanced Higher French
- Other SQA qualifications in French or related areas
Fees - Information about funding can be found here
Fee: £268 Sighthill part-time (year 1)Fee: £268 Open Learning (year 1) Use our Funding Tool to assist you with financial support
This course will start on… br >
This course will start week commencing... br >