This is an introductory course that will allow you to develop the necessary knowledge and skills to become an effective tour guide. The course provides the opportunity to take part in practical simulations at various sites in Edinburgh and gain a working knowledge of Scottish history geography and heritage. You will also gain a greater insight into the many and varied Edinburgh visitor attractions. There may also be an opportunity for job shadowing.
This course is eligible for up to £200 of ITA funding but this award must be in place by course start date.
For further details see:
- Scotland and Edinburgh product knowledge
- People and group management
- Customer care
- Logistics and problem solving
- Itineraries and time management
- Accidents and reporting (health and safety)
- Presentation skills
- Job shadowing
- Practical tour guiding skills / on-site skills
How Course Is Assessed:
- Practical role plays and written assessments
Number of Days per week:
- Experience in a customer facing role
- Enthusiasm and a passion for the industry reflected in your personal statement
- A foreign language would be an advantage
- An interest in working with people and the tourism sector
English Proficiency Requirements:
Information on Test/Auditions/Interview Requirements:
- Group interview and information session.
- In to employment or self-employment.
Download our progression route map here
- Full time Travel and Tourism courses
Fees - Information about funding can be found here
Fee: £300 Sighthill part-time (year 1)
This course will start week commencing...