This course is designed to prepare you for employment in the exercise and fitness industry. Youll gain nationally recognised qualifications in gym instructing exercise to music and circuit training. The course encourages you to develop the practical skills you need to become an instructor by delivering to your peer group and partners in each discipline. You`ll learn about anatomy physiology and nutrition to support these skills too. Whilst on the course there may also the opportunity to sit a Lifeguarding Qualification and First Aid Qualification to enhance your skillset even further. Youll be well prepared for employment as well as ready to progress onto the HNC/D in Fitness Health and Exercise.
- CYQ Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instructing (Gym-Based Exercise)
- Certificate in Fitness Instructing (Exercise to Music)
- Anatomy and Physiology Level 2
- Award in Circuit Training
- Royal Lifesaving Society
- Survive and Save or National Pool Lifeguard Qualification (NPLQ)
- Optional Level 2 Award in Group Indoor Cycle
- HSE First Aid at Work approved award
How Course Is Assessed:
- On an on going basis through a range of practical theoretical and project based assessment methods.
Number of Days per week:
- 3 National 5s at `C` or above, preferably to include English and/or a science subject or perhaps a higher. National 4 Biology would also be advantageous .
- Can demonstrate knowledge of and active participation in exercise and Fitness. or Have experience of working in the Health and Fitness Industry.
English Proficiency Requirements:
Information on Test/Auditions/Interview Requirements:
- At interview you will be expected to demonstrate your knowledge of and active participation in exercise and Fitness. The interview session will include practical elements based on current exercise themes written work on your knowledge of exercise and fitness and a one to one discussion with a member of the sport and fitness team.
Help find your perfect career with Career Coach
- Access to jobs in the leisure industry such as a gym or fitness instructor.
Download our progression route map here
- Progress onto HNC/D in Fitness Health and Exercise
Use our Funding Tool to assist you with financial support
Fees - Information about funding can be found here
This course will start week commencing... br >
This course will end on...