This course will help you develop a deeper understanding and an increased skillset in the theory and practical elements required to work in the outdoor pursuits industry. It is a practical, full time course designed to equip you for further study or employment. The course is ideal for those looking for a career in an exciting, varied and developing industry. There are activity related residentials and a 5 – 6 week work placement.
- (S)ML Training (Summer Mountain Leader)
- Climbing Wall Award Assessment
- UKCC Paddle Sports Level 2 Training
- 3 Star Open Canoe/White Water Kayak
- FUNDAS 3
- Sports Coaching Theory and Practice
How Course Is Assessed:
- You will be assessed on an on-going basis in both practical and theoretical settings.
- This may include: governing body assessment, practical observations, log book work, presentations and assignment tasks.
Number of Days per week:
- For direct entry to this course, candidates MUST have completed the training/assessments covered in Adventure Leadership Studies.
- You must be aged 18 years or over by October 2017
- You must have an active interest and previous experience/regular participation in outdoor pursuits activities
- Although not essential at the point of application evidence of a suitable level of clearance through the PVG scheme will be an expectation of all applicants.
- Outdoor Centre Employment
English Proficiency Requirements:
Information on Test/Auditions/Interview Requirements:
- The interview session will consist of a presentation followed by a one to one interview
Download our progression route map here
- You may go directly into the world of work or progress onto further study at appropriately levelled courses such as: BA Hons Adventure Tourism Management (incorporating HND), BA Hons Adventure Performance and Coaching (incorporating HND) Specialist Instructor Training
Use our Funding Tool to assist you with financial support
Fees - Information about funding can be found here