If you`re looking for a course to enhance your knowledge of Sports Therapy and Fitness to assist progression onto further study at HNC/D level then this course is for you. This full-time course is based around a National Progression Award which will help you develop confidence personal leadership qualities and skills in planning implementing and evaluating aspects of Sports Therapy and Fitness. It will enhance prospects for continuing education in the sport and fitness industry or outside it through the development of transferable skills.
- Body Massage
- Exercise and Fitness
- Introduction to Sports Mechanics
- Higher level Essential Skills will be offered to support progression to HN level courses.
How Course Is Assessed:
- You will be assessed on an on-going basis in both practical and theoretical settings. This will include assessment methods such as class based assessment practical observations and assignment tasks.
Number of Days per week:
- National 5s at Level C or above in a minimum of three subjects (English and PE are preferable for two of these) or similar Credit Level passes at Standard Grade.
Other relevant and similarly levelled qualifications will be considered such as:
- SVQ Level 2 Sports Activity Leader
- BTEC 2 Diploma in Sport
- Sport and Recreation at SCQF Level 5
- NC Sport and Fitness at SCQF Level 5
- You may be a candidate who comes from a non-traditional route such as a mature returnee or one who wishes to change career or perhaps retrain following a career break to raise a family.
- In these or other cases we would take into account work experience life skills and potential ability.
- You may be expected to submit a brief written assignment or essay before an interview to provide some indication of academic standing and communication skills.
- Although this course is designed primarily to enable progression to the HNC/D in Sports Therapy it may be possible to gain employment as a Gym / leisure assistant.
English Proficiency Requirements:
Information on Test/Auditions/Interview Requirements:
- At interview you will be expected to show your knowledge of and active participation in sport and fitness activities along with an understanding of the role of a sports/soft tissue therapist and/or sports physiotherapist.
- The interview session may include practical elements based on exercise and fitness activities written work on your knowledge of the anatomy and physiology of the body and a one to one discussion with a member of the sport and fitness team.
Download our progression route map here
- Further study in appropriately levelled courses in sport and fitness such as: HNC/D Sports Therapy HNC/D in Fitness Health and Exercise
Fees - Information about funding can be found here
Fee: £103 Sighthill I (year 1) Use our Funding Tool to assist you with financial support