The course is specifically designed to allow you to apply to either university or a Higher National Certificate programme. It offers you the opportunity to study Sociology, Psychology, Politics, Communication, Literature, Creative Writing, History and Maths.
SWAP (Scottish Wider Access Programme) courses are designed if you have few or no formal qualifications and have been out of full-time education for at least 3 years (5 years if studied Highers or a Higher National course or similar level).
SWAP Access courses provide you with an alternative route into higher education and are designed to give you intensive academic preparation as well as the opportunity to develop the skills and confidence you need for entry into higher education through recognised progression routes at Colleges or Universities in Scotland.
For more information on SWAP courses please go to http://www.scottishwideraccess.org/
- Creative Writing
- You must pass all assessments (including an external National 5 Maths examination for those applying for primary teaching) in order to achieve the full SWAP Access qualification
How Course Is Assessed:
Number of Days per week:
- You need to demonstrate that you are ready to study at SCQF Level 6 as the aim of the course is to prepare you for entry to university.
- You must have been out of education for 3 years or 5 years if you have Highers or qualifications at a similar level
English Proficiency Requirements:
Information on Test/Auditions/Interview Requirements:
- If selected for an interview you will be asked to complete written assessments in literacy and numeracy to ensure you have the appropriate level of skill and knowledge to meet the requirements of the programme.
Download our progression route map here
- Apply to university to study arts social sciences or primary teaching. Study at HNC level
Use our Funding Tool to assist you with financial support
Fees - Information about funding can be found here
This course will start week commencing... br >
This course will end on...