This course is suitable for those starting a wine career or pursuing an interest in wine. For individuals new to wine study this qualification provides a hands-on introduction to the world of wine. You’ll explore the main types and styles of wine through sight, smell and taste. On successful completion of the course, participants will have gained the basic skills to describe wines accurately and make food and wine pairings.
- The main types and styles of wine
- Common wine grapes and their characteristics
- How to store and serve wine
- The principles of food and wine pairing
How Course Is Assessed:
- There is a 30 question multiple-choice paper at the end of the course with a 70% or more pass mark
Number of Days per week:
- A beginner level introduction to wine – this course is suitable for those starting a wine career or pursuing an interest in wine.
English Proficiency Requirements:
- A career in the Hospitality industry
- Students who successfully pass level 1 wine can apply for the WSET level 2 certificate in wine and spirits
Fees - Information about funding can be found here
Fee: £135 Sighthill part-time (year 1)
This course will start week commencing...