THIS COURSE IS SPECIFICALLY FOR SENIOR PHASE SCHOOL PUPILS WHILE STILL AT SCHOOL.
The aim of this course is to provide you with the knowledge and skills required for a career within the Hospitality and Events industries. You will cover an exciting range of areas aimed at developing your cooking skills and front of house skills - theres a strong emphasis on teamwork where you will have the opportunity to plan and organise an event as part of the course - fantastic practical experience to enhance your future prospects. There will be opportunities for you to participate in a programme of visits to hotels and other businesses operating within these industries and ample opportunities for work experience to give you further insight into these exciting and fast-paced industries to help you to decide if this is the career path for you. This course is run over 2 afternoons per week - Tuesday and Thursday.
- Service of Food and Drink
- Event Organisation
- Food Preparation Techniques
- Organisation of Practical Skills
- Investigative Project
- Corporate Events: An Introduction
- Although there is no mandatory work placement requirement for this course there are opportunities for work placement if you wish - please speak to your course tutor.
How Course Is Assessed:
An on-going basis through the following methods
- Open book
- Closed book
- Practical observations
Number of Days per week:
- This course is run over 2 afternoons per week - Tuesday and Thursday.
- This course is for S5 and S6 pupils who have achieved or are working towards National 5s - preferably in English
English Proficiency Requirements:
Information on Test/Auditions/Interview Requirements:
- You will be invited for an information/interview session
- Within hotel or restaurant management
- Customer services
- Marketing and public relations
- Events organisation and management.
- HND in Hospitality or Event Management