This course will develop your ability to
describe wine accurately and account in detail for the style, quality and
price of wines. Our experienced educators will assist you to develop your
analytic tasting abilities through a carefully selected series of 82 wine
Successful students will receive a WSET certificate and
lapel pin, and will be able to use the associated WSET certified logo.
The deadline for applications is Monday 5th October.
- The key factors in the production of wine: location, grape growing, winemaking, maturation and bottling
- The key characteristics of the principal: Still wines of the world, Sparkling wines of the world, Fortified wines of the world
- How to make the appropriate wine recommendations
- How to taste wines using the WSET Level 3 Systematic Approach to Tasting Wine (SAT)
- Tutored tasting of 82 wines
This course is open to students who have passed the Level 2
Award in Wines/Wines and Spirits. If you do not hold the Level 2 Award in
Wines/Wines and Spirits but have obtained the relevant knowledge and
experience, you are eligible to gain entry through successful completion of
an online entry test. All
classes are delivered in English, therefore, a good level of English is
English Proficiency Requirements
How the course is assessed
The exam is assessed in two parts, which takes place in the
last session of the course:
- A tasting paper consisting of a blind tasting of two wines.
- A mark of 55% is required in both parts to pass.
- A combined theory paper consisting of 50 multiple-choice
questions and four short written answer questions.
Information on Test/Auditions/Interview Requirements
- All course materials produced by WSET
- All tasting wines (approx. 82 wines)
- All tuition and hand-outs
- Examination paper, marking by WSET and a certificate and
lapel pin for passing.
- All study materials
- Not included - Students must bring 6 ISO wine tasting
glasses with them to each tutorial
Progression And Articulation Routes
- Opportunities within the Hospitality industry
Course Cost And Funding Options
Fee: £638 Granton part-time (year 1)
This course will start on…
This course will end on...