This Level 6 course could be for you if you feel that you are not quite ready to study at HN level yet. The Access course will build on your existing qualifications and skills and support you in your transition from school or from a course at college to an HND in Events Management or Hospitality Management. There will be opportunities for you to participate in a programme of visits to hotels and other businesses operating within the events/hospitality industry as well as gaining a good understanding of this growing sector.
- Marketing in Travel and Tourism
- Skills for Customer Care
- Communication for working in Events
- Event organisation
- Food hygiene for the hospitality industry
- Researching and preparing presentations
- Understanding business
- Non-alcoholic beverages
- Hospitality: front office skills
- Research Skills for HN
- Financial and cost accounting
Although there is no mandatory placement requirement for this course applicants are recommended to seek work experience within the hospitality or events industry to support their studies.
- A minimum of 4 National 5`s - one to be English at Grade 3 or above, 3 passes at SCQF level 5 or satisfactory completion of an appropriate NC course
- If you are a mature student we will take account of previous skills and experience
- If you are a continuing student you should have passed all units on your previous level 5 course
English Proficiency Requirements
How the course is assessed
- Open book
- Closed book
- Practical observations
Information on Test/Auditions/Interview Requirements
Applicants will be invited into College to attend information sessions - a task will be set and carried out during this time. There are opportunities for applicants to speak to the lecturing team during the information session on a one to one basis.
Progression And Articulation Routes
Download our progression route map here
- Progression to HND year 1 Events Management or Hospitality Management
Opportunities within the hospitality and events sectors include - Events Assistant, Conference Assistant, Communications Assistant, Customer Service Advisor, Front of House and Reception
Course Cost And Funding Options
This course will start week commencing...
This course will end on...