This two-year course is designed to develop the artistic, creative, technical and professional skills that you will need to be prepared for a varied and high-level career in the dance industry. Through in-depth training and specialisation, you will learn what makes up the role of the dancer with a focus on performing, choreography, and teaching. In addition, you will continue your professional studies within the Royal Academy of Dance, ISTD, and Spanish Dance Society syllabus.
You will develop a minimum of four dance techniques as well as learning choreography, commercial performance, and musical theatre skills. This will prepare you for a long-term, versatile and successful career in dance. The course will ensure you are fully prepared for working as a professional dance performer.
Please note that students will be required to pay £4200 (Inc VAT) per year to Dance For All for this course.
- Dance Techniques
- Commercial Performance
- Professional Studies - Royal Academy of Dance (RAD), Institute of Teachers of Dancing (ISTD) and Spanish Dance Society (SDS)
- Musical Theatre
- You will perform in a variety of settings during your course
How Course Is Assessed:
- Through practical demonstration and theoretical/research assignments
Number of Days per week:
- When applying for Year 1, a minimum 2 Highers or relevant NC pass at SCQL Level 6
- When applying for Year 2, pass all 15 credits available at HNC Level
- Work as a dancer, singer, facilitator, dance artist, arts administrator, choreographer, community artist, dance development officer or dance teacher
- Audition for the two-year BA (Hons) programme at Edinburgh College or elsewhere
English Proficiency Requirements:
Information on Test/Auditions/Interview Requirements:
- Audition information will be sent to you on successful application
Download our progression route map here
- BA (Hons) dance completion award accredited through Northumbira University
Many of our ex students have gone onto have a very successful career in the Performing Arts industry
Fees - Information about funding can be found here
Fee: £4,200 per year Use our Funding Tool to assist you with financial support