This course starts in January 2020 and enables winter leavers who are interested in Musical Theatre to gain the knowledge and skills they might need to progress.
You will be required to go through a selection process.
The NPA in Musical Theatre is designed to equip candidates with an introduction to the knowledge, understanding and skills required for progression to further qualifications in order to pursue further study at a higher level in the performing arts industry.
You will develop a range of skills associated with the triple discipline of Musical Theatre practice:
- develop a range of appropriate skills in voice, movement and acting
- develop specific skills for presentation at audition
- apply combined practical skills in audition format
- develop self-presentation skills
- work in rehearsal and performance creatively and innovatively
- develop self-evaluation skills, enabling professional development
- develop the ability to work independently and in groups
- No placements but some projects and performances will take place.
- A good personal statement that provides information about your interest in this area and your commitment.
- students who have achieved SCQF level 5 in the performing arts categories of Drama or Dance
- Students who have achieved SCQF level 6 (Higher Drama, Music or Dance) and who wish to extend their practical skills and knowledge of musical theatre.
- Students who have achieved the NPA in Creative Industries
English Proficiency Requirements
How the course is assessed
- Through practical demonstration and theoretical assignments.
Information on Test/Auditions/Interview Requirements
- You will be required to attend an information session that may include some practical elements.
Progression And Articulation Routes
- NC Dance
- NC Acting
- in some cases HNC Musical Theatre
All of the above are through audition.Download our progression route map here
- Working in the performing arts industry.
- 3/4 days dependent on projects.
Course Cost And Funding Options