HNC Fashion make-up is the ideal choice for anyone who wants to pursue a career in fashion make-up artistry. With units covering all the essential techniques needed to get you started in the industry, this course covers the skills required for working in cosmetic retail, freelance fashion make-up and commercial work. Mixed between practical and theory-based learning the course will develop the learners’ Makeup Artistry knowledge, application.
- Basic and fashion makeup artistry techniques to enter into the industry.
- Cosmetic houses
- Photographic shoots
How Course Is Assessed:
- This course is assessed continually throughout the course on models and e-folios.
Number of Days per week:
Applicants must meet one of the following criteria and will be required to produce a written piece of work with a portfolio to show inspirational look in the form of a mood board. Following on by a panel interview. Qualification must be brought along to interview.
- 2 Highers including Art & Design, English, and nat 5 maths, communication IT (C or above)
- SVQ/VTCT Level 3 in Hair or Beauty Therapy VTCT Diploma
- BTEC or NC in Art and Design
- NC Make-up artistry
- Relevant industry experience with reference and portfolio
English Proficiency Requirements:
Information on Test/Auditions/Interview Requirements:
There will be an interview for entry to this course.
Help find your perfect career with Career Coach
- Employment within a cosmetic company
- Employment with photographers
- Employment with modelling agencies
- Entrepreneurial opportunities
Progression RoutesDownload our progression route map here
Previous students now work in fashion, film, TV or cosmetic houses.
Use our Funding Tool to assist you with financial support
Fees - Information about funding can be found here