This two-year course aims to develop the artistic creative technical and professional skills that you will need to be prepared for a varied and high-level career in the dance industry. Through in-depth training and specialisation, you will learn what makes up the role of the dance artist with a focus on performing teaching and creating dance projects.
You will develop a minimum of three dance techniques as well as commercial dance styles, choreography, teaching skills and contextual subjects all preparing you for a long-term successful career in dance. You will have exciting opportunities to perform and work with a range of professional dancers and choreographers. In addition, you will work with a variety of client groups of varying ages and abilities to create workshops class’s events and projects with essential real-life practical experience. The course will ensure your progression into the professional industry or further study such as our in house degree program.
- Holistic comprehensive training in the performing arts
- Practical performance opportunities
- Dance technique – Ballet, Jazz, Contemporary & Commercial
- Graded Unit
- Performance and Production
- Theoretical knowledge
- Body Conditioning
- Professional Guest Workshops
- You will be given the opportunity to take part in a range of performance opportunities during your course
How Course Is Assessed:
- Through practical demonstration and theoretical/research assignments
Number of Days per week:
- 4/5 days with self-directed study opportunities
English Proficiency Requirements:
Information on Test/Auditions/Interview Requirements:
The audition process has two sections:
- Section 1 will take the form of three dance technique workshops (Ballet, Contemporary and Jazz), taught by the dance faculty at PASS. Candidates are required to wear dance kit (leotard, dance tights, ballet shoes and jazz shoes) for the workshops.
- A discussion regarding the course will take place after the classes.; this will also be an opportunity for candidates to ask any questions that they may have. Candidates will have the opportunity to see the campus and meet current students to hear about their experience as a dance student at PASS.
- Section 2 candidates perform a 2 minute, self-choreographed solo, based on a theme of their choice. The solo is a chance for candidates to demonstrate their creative choreographic skills and demonstrate how they would approach creating a new piece. We are looking for potential, not the finished article, so we want to encourage everyone applying for the course to choreograph and play with ideas! A short interview will follow the performance of the solo in which the panel will discuss the creative process that the candidate has been through to create their work as well as discuss their career aims, goals, inspirations and influences as a professional dancer.
Help find your perfect career with Career Coach
Work as a ;
- dance artist
- arts administrator
- community artist
- dance development officer
Download our progression route map here
- BA (Hons) Dance completion award accredited by Northumbria University
Anwar Russell “During my time at College I was taught a variety of techniques and classes giving me a well rounded knowledge of dance which helped me to decide the route I personally wanted to take in my professional career. There are so many opportunities to perform during your course which you do not get at many other dance schools and the facilities are excellent. There is also a great nurturing environment if you wish to create work of your own. I was always given honest critical feedback which helped me grow as an artist and performer.” Most recently Anwar has just finished a tour of Matthew Bournes Swan Lake He also performed at the 2009 Brit Awards as a dancer for Pet Shop Boys and briefly worked with the creative team for the movie Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World. Other work includes performing at The Edinburgh Fringe Festival for comedians Adam Hills and Jason Byrne.
Use our Funding Tool to assist you with financial support
Fees - Information about funding can be found here
This course will start week commencing... br >
This course will end on...