This is an ideal course if you are interested in exploring drama and theatre as a possible career. You will develop the acting voice and theatre skills you need for a career in this exciting industry. The course also provides the opportunity to build your personal skills - useful in any profession.
There are rewarding theatre visits as part of the course content, and you will participate in a minimum of two performances to give you valuable practical experience. This will ensure you are well-prepared for both further study and your future career in theatre.
- Practical theatre skills
- Personal skills
- You will be given the opportunity to perform within the PASS theatre
How Course Is Assessed:
- Through practical demonstration and theory/research assignments
Number of Days per week:
- 3 days - however more time will be required when performances are on
- Minimum 3 passes at SCQF Level 5.
- A good personal statement.
English Proficiency Requirements:
Information on Test/Auditions/Interview Requirements:
- Information will be sent on successful application.
Help find your perfect career with Career Coach
- HNC Acting and Performance at the College or auditions at drama schools.
Download our progression route map here
- HND Acting and Performance.
Since leaving Edinburgh College, Karen Gillan went on to study in London at the Italia Conti Academy of Theatre Arts before appearing in popular TV shows such as The Kevin Bishop Show and medical drama Harley Street. Karen’s popularity has seen a sharp rise since she appeared as Amy Pond - Dr Who’s assistant in early 2010.
Karen says “PASS is a fantastic stepping stone to a career in the arts. Through the encouragement and support and the most high quality of training I realised I could pursue a career in acting. I would highly recommend Edinburgh College to anyone with an interest in the arts and wish the College every success with PASS”.
Use our Funding Tool to assist you with financial support
Fees - Information about funding can be found here
This course will start week commencing... br >