THIS COURSE IS SPECIFICALLY FOR SENIOR PHASE SCHOOL PUPILS WHILE STILL AT SCHOOL.
This course is being offered through the Creative Academies. The Academy gives young people the opportunity to study at school, college and university to gain a unique qualification and range of experiences, and aims to help students make an informed choice for future options after school. The Academy gives you the opportunity to achieve a National Progression Award (at SQCF Level 6; Higher level) in Acting and Performance or Film and Media.
- Introduction to Film or Acting Audition
- Theatre Skills, depending on which route you opt for
How Course Is Assessed:
- There is no final exam for each unit – assessment is continuous throughout the course
- The option of a placement with a relevant employer (usually takes place in June)
Number of Days per week:
- Tuesday and Thursday afternoon from 2-5pm
- You will also attend 4 Friday afternoon sessions at Queen Margaret University
- Ideally you will be studying towards/achieved Higher English and you will require a pass (grade C or above) at National 5 English
- Selection is competitive and based on your interview and application form (not just on your academic qualifications)
English Proficiency Requirements:
- The NPA qualification has UCAS tariff points similar to 1 Higher at Grade B when applying for related film and media or drama degrees
- At college you can study a wide variety of film or acting related HN qualifications
- You can progress on to a film and media or drama related degree at Queen Margaret University