This course covers recording and production of all popular music genres including the technical support areas of sound engineering. You will learn the essentials of sound production including setting up the studio for a recording session microphone placement multitrack recording and mixing as well as creative production techniques.
- Audio electronics
- MIDI sequencing
- Sound production techniques
- Radio programme production
- Creative project
- Appreciation of music
- Sound reinforcement
- Technical support
- Digital DJing
- Synthesis and sampling
- 2 qualifications at SCQF level 5 preferably in Music, Media or Computing
- You should have core skills at SCQF level 4.
English Proficiency Requirements
How the course is assessed
- Project and assignment based
Information on Test/Auditions/Interview Requirements
- All applicants will be interviewed. you will be asked to bring a short portfolio of your work.
Progression And Articulation Routes
Download our progression route map here
- HND/ degree level study at Edinburgh College or University
Number Of Days Per Week/Day Of The Week/Time Of The Day
Course Cost And Funding Options