the perfect course if you want to break into the music business. Located at
Milton Road campus and delivered within our creative hub which includes the
college’s state of the art recording studios and auditorium, the Music Business course offers students a unique opportunity to launch a career in the music
You will gain up to date specialist knowledge of all major areas of the
industry including live music events and touring,
scouting for new music acts, managing artists’
careers, the evolving nature of record companies, effective marketing of
artists online as well as covering legal issues including contracts and
will also learn about all the different jobs in the music
industry and what they involve, as well as how to organise and promote events
and gigs, create marketing campaigns, negotiate deals, create promotional
materials and manage a tour.
course focuses on real-life practical experience of working in the industry
and you will have the opportunity to get involved with the college’s own record
Recordings, and work with local bands and artists together with sound
production students in the college’s studios giving you essential real-life
practical experience of working in the industry. You will also attend
major music industry networking events and have
opportunities to get involved with local music festivals and events. All the
course’s teaching staff have extensive industry experience.
variety of skills you’ll develop makes the course an ideal platform for your
successful career in the music business.
- Learn about the key sectors of the music business including Live Music, Record Labels and Music Publishing.
- Learn about all the different roles in the music industry and what they involve
- Work in a group to create your own record label
- Put on events and gigs
- Act as an A&R person to look for new talent for the college label Feast
- Learn how to write contracts
- Learn how to promote bands
- Learn how to negotiate
- Create music marketing campaigns
- Learn about copyright law as it applies to music
- Learn how to create budgets and forecasts for a music related company
- Learn about recording and live sound
- Work with artists recording in the college’s CRE-8 studios
- Attend a variety of music networking events
- Learn how to create artwork and promotional material for a band/artist
- Learn how to organise and manage a tour
English Proficiency Requirements
How the course is assessed
- Assessment is through projects coursework and some written tests.
Information on Test/Auditions/Interview Requirements
- You may be invited to attend for interview
Progression And Articulation Routes
Download our progression route map here
- Degree programmes in music business, commercial music, event management and marketing.
Students have gone on to a wide variety of jobs in the industry including employment at major record labels, as live events co-ordinator/manager, music publishing administration, music festival production, artist liaison, digital promotions and PR.
Number Of Days Per Week/Day Of The Week/Time Of The Day
Course Cost And Funding Options