If you have some experience of working or volunteering with community based groups, this course will give you the opportunity to gain a first level qualification in Community Learning and Development. You will study a range of subjects and complete a placement.
- Youth Work
- Adult Education
- Rights and Responsibilities
- Principles of Community
- Learning and Development
- Equality and Diversity
- Planning a Residential
- Group Work
- Students complete a placement of approximately 20 days (100 hours) in a community based organisation
- Students are in college for three days a week and undertake the placement during the remainder of the week for approximately 1 day
- Students can use existing paid or voluntary work for their placement or they will be supported to find a placement.
How Course Is Assessed:
- Essays, Reports, Presentations, Observation, Group tasks
Number of Days per week:
- 3 in College 1 in placment
- 3 passes at SCQF Level 5 or an approriate NC at Level 5
English Proficiency Requirements:
Information on Test/Auditions/Interview Requirements:
- Applicants will be invited for an informal interview to discuss their experience of working with community based groups.
- Employment in youth or community work
Download our progression route map here
- HNC Working with Communities
Fees - Information about funding can be found here
This course will start week commencing...