If you have been out of formal education for more than three years and you are looking to pursue a degree in nursing but don`t yet have the necessary qualifications this is the ideal course for you. The course is a full-time course where you will be given the necessary education to progress onto the first year of a Nursing Degree.
We have a partnership with Napier University where Access students who are progressing well on the course and are supported by their college lecturer will be offered an interview for entry into Year 1 of their Nursing degree programme.
This course draws a very high number of applications so it is necessary to select applicants for interview. It is therefore very important that you take time to consider what you write in your personal statement and that you demonstrate to us your reasons for applying for the course wanting to become a nurse and also the relevance of any work experience that you have.
It is also important to note that in order to be able to progress from this course onto University you will also need to have had a successful Occupational Health Check and also have a satisfactory PVG. These will be done through the University.
- You will study the following subjects on the course:
- Communications 4
- Literature 1
- Higher Care (Human Development and Behaviour Social Influences and values and principles)
- Higher Human Biology
- Prevention of Infection
How Course Is Assessed:
- This course is assessed by essays reports and SQA National Assessments as well as SQA External examination.
Number of Days per week:
- Out of formal education for more than three years
- Experience of working in a care setting is desireable
- A positive attitude good communication skills and a genuine interest in nursing
- A good level of general education would be desirable
- A personal statement that demonstrates to us your reasons for applying for the course wanting to become a nurse and also the relevance of any work experience that you have
- If English is not your first language you will need to demonstrate that your English is the equivalent of IELTS 5.5
- To be selected for interview you require to meet the entry qualifications including supplying a detailed personal statement.
English Proficiency Requirements:
Information on Test/Auditions/Interview Requirements:
- You will be invited for interview where you will be asked to do a written piece of work and also take part in a group exercise relating to values required to work in care.
Download our progression route map here
- This course will allow you to progress onto Edinburgh Napier University’s 1st year Nursing programme (as well as other Universities across Scotland) in Adult Mental Health or Learning Disabilities Nursing.
- Please note that this course will not give you access to Midwifery or Child Health Degree Programmes.
Use our Funding Tool to assist you with financial support
Fees - Information about funding can be found here
This course will start week commencing... br >