If you`re looking to pursue a career in a health profession which is both challenging and rewarding then this course is for you. You may be a school leaver who as yet, does not have the required entry qualifications to go direct to University. The course is a fulltime course where you will be given the necessary education to make an application through UCAS to progress onto the first year of a Nursing degree or onto HNC Care and Administrative Practice which could lead to an Allied Health Profession related degree.
Throughout this course, you will be studying a wide range of subject areas that will ensure that you have the best foundations to progress to the next stage of your studies.
The above units may be subject to change
- Communications 4
- Literature 1
- Higher Care (Human Development and Behaviour Social Influences and Values and Principles)
- Higher Human Biology
- Caring for People with Dementia
- Mental Health Issues
How Course Is Assessed:
- SQA National Assessments, essays and reports.
Number of Days per week:
- You must be at least 17 years of age
- Minimum of 1 Higher and 5 National 5s including English and Biology
- If you can demonstrate by recent relevant successful study at level 5 your ability to work at level 6 your application may be considered
- Your personal statement should demonstrate the following: your skills and qualities and any relevant experience. You should also include the field of Nursing or the Allied Health Profession you want to progress into and your reasons for applying for the course
English Proficiency Requirements:
Help find your perfect career with Career Coach
- Work as a health or clinical support worker
- Social care assistant/support worker
- Other health/social care work
Download our progression route map here
Please note that this course would not normally give you access to Midwifery or Child Health Degree Programmes
- Apply through UCAS to one of the Universities across Britain that run Nursing Degree programmes
- Progress onto a relevant HNC course
Many of our former students have progressed onto Napier University to study Nursing and are now fully qualified Registered Nurses in a variety of posts across the country.
Use our Funding Tool to assist you with financial support
Fees - Information about funding can be found here
This course will start week commencing... br >
This course will end on...