Are you passionate about working with others? Do you have a drive to make a difference to people’s lives? Are you looking for a career in community learning or the care sector and are looking for an introductory course at college? If the answer is “Yes” to these questions then our Introduction to Social Services course is for you.
This is a brand new course for 2018 that is all about starting you on your learning journey towards a professional qualification and offers a broad range of learning experiences that fully prepares you for the next steps you wish to take. The subjects chosen for this course are varied and current and aim to both begin your preparation for meeting the modern challenges of a professional in the care or community learning sectors as well as offering you a rewarding and enjoyable learning experience here at the college.
Throughout your studies you will make links between learning and practice and by the end of the programme you will have a thorough foundation of understanding that will prepare you well for the next steps in your learning journey.
The above units may be subject to change
- Psychology National 5
- Care National 5
- First Aid
- Core skills including numeracy IT and communication
- Employability skills
- Self-awareness – personal health and Wellbeing
- Health sector Improving Health and Wellbeing
- Study skills
- Youth Work Engaging with young people
How Course Is Assessed:
- Case study projects and SQA national assessments.
Number of Days per week:
- Minimum 4 National 4s (or equivalent) including English
- Previous SCQF Level 4 Course at College
- Mature candidates who do not possess these formal qualifications may be considered where you can demonstrate your ability to study at this level
English Proficiency Requirements:
Information on Test/Auditions/Interview Requirements:
- All applicants meeting the entry qualifications will be invited into college for an information session after which offers will be made.
- Support work roles in Social Care and community engagement
- Progression routes to Social Care and Community Education Professions
Download our progression route map here
- SCQF level 6 courses
- NC Working With Communities
- NC Health and Social Care
- These courses lead on to HNC level study and eventually professional qualification through university study
Fees - Information about funding can be found here
This course will start week commencing...