THIS COURSE IS SPECIFICALLY FOR SENIOR PHASE SCHOOL PUPILS WHILE STILL AT SCHOOL.
If you`re looking to pursue a career in a health profession which is both challenging and rewarding then this course is for you. You must be in 5th or 6th year at school and want to experience learning in a college environment. If you have the required qualifications then this can lead to HNC Care and Administrative Practice or a place at university to study nursing or other health and social care related degrees. If you need more information please contact email@example.com
Throughout this course, you will be studying a wide range of subject areas that will ensure that you have the best foundations to progress to the next stage of your studies.
- Care Higher
- Values and Principles
- Human Development and Behaviour
- Social Influences
- Preparation for work in Health and Social Care
- No Placement, however, employers will be involved in your course
How Course Is Assessed:
- The course is assessed through SQA national assessments projects and an external exam
Number of Days per week:
- You will attend college on Tuesday and Thursday afternoons
National 5 Entry requirements: School students in 4th/5th/6th year.
- 4 National 4’s if you want to progress onto health courses at SCQF Level 6 you must have National 4 Biology.
- Genuine interest in working/studying health and social care.
Higher Entry requirements: School student in 5th/6th year.
- Studying other Highers at school. If you want to progress onto health courses at SCQF Level 6/7 you should be studying National 5 or Higher Biology.
English Proficiency Requirements:
Information on Test/Auditions/Interview Requirements:
You require to complete a detailed personal statement indicating why you want to study on the Health and Social Care Academy
Help find your perfect career with Career Coach
- Support work roles in health or social care
National 5 Progression: exit to employment/modern apprenticeships in health or social care/progression to college courses.
Higher Progression: exit to employment/modern apprenticeships in health or social care. Would be considered for interview at QMU or other universities for an appropriate degree/progression to college courses.