This course is designed to provide students with the clinical knowledge understanding and vocational skills to prepare them for undergraduate study in Nursing, Health and other related degrees including Occupational Therapy and Physiotherapy.
- Essential Skills for Care Professionals Graded Unit
- Individual Pathways in Health and Social Care
- Learning Through Practice
- Understanding Personal and Professional Development
- Physiology for Care Professionals
- Principles of Professional Practice
- Therapeutic Relationships: Understanding Behaviour Safe Working Practice for Care Sociology for Care Practice, Communication Writing Skills.
- You will have a placement as part of your course within the Care Home Sector where you will be expected to complete a minimum of 288 Hours over the time of your course. This will be done through some block weeks and 2 days a week during most of your course.
How Course Is Assessed:
- The course is assessed through a variety of assessment methods including case studies closed book open book portfolios essays report writing.
Number of Days per week:
- This course is a fulltime commitment. You will be in college 3 days per week and have 2 days per week placement.
- 2 Highers (including English). We will consider the following Highers Chemistry, Physics, Biology, Human Biology, Geography and Physical Education
- As well as a minimum of Int 2 Biology/ N5 Biology or equivalent 5 Standard Grades at credit level including Maths or N5 equivalent
- Mature students without the formal qualifications would require demonstrating ability to study at HNC level
- Your application may be considered if you have successfully completed a relevant NC at Level 6 which includes Biology
You will also be required to complete a detailed personal statement that demonstrates the following
- skills and qualities
- any relevant experience
- field of health you want to progress into
- your reasons for applying
As you have a placement on your course you will be required to provide information on your health status and have a satisfactory PVG.
- You require to meet the entry qualifications as well as complete a detailed personal statement that demonstrates the following: skills and qualities, any relevant experience, field of health you want to progress into, your reasons for applying
- As you have a placement on your course you will be required to provide information on your health status and have a satisfactory PVG.
English Proficiency Requirements:
Information on Test/Auditions/Interview Requirements:
- You will be asked to attend a group information session where you will also complete a written task.
You may also seek employment within a Health or Social Care related service Help find your perfect career with Career Coach
Download our progression route map here
- In completing this HNC you are obtaining a recognised qualification which will enable you to apply for degree studies at university in a variety of health disciplines including Nursing. Some universities also accept this as part of their entry requirements occupational therapy and physiotherapy.
Use our Funding Tool to assist you with financial support
Fees - Information about funding can be found here
This course will start week commencing... br >
This course will end on...