Introduction to Health Services is your first step towards a
rewarding career as a health professional. This course will prepare you for an
entry-level job in the health care sector or further study at Edinburgh
College. This course will suit those looking for a career change or
wanting to further their studies. Previous students on this course have gained
employment in health care or progressed to Level 6 Health courses
which have led to university places for nursing and allied health professions.
Biology National 5
- Care National 5
- First Aid
- Core Skills including: Numeracy, IT and Communication
- Employability Skills
- Self-Awareness: Personal Health and Wellbeing
- Health Sector: Improving Health and Wellbeing
- Study Skills
- Four National 4s including English and Biology or relevant Level 4 full-time course
- If you don’t currently have Biology at SCQF Level 4 then you need to apply to an SCQF Level 4 course with Biology first before progressing onto this course
- If you do not have the formal entry requirements but you are an adult learner with relevant employment or life experience skills, you will be considered for entry to this course
English Proficiency Requirements
How the course is assessed
- You will be assessed through case study projects and SQA National Assessments.
Information on Test/Auditions/Interview Requirements
- All applicants meeting the entry qualifications will be invited into College for an information session after which offers will be made
Progression And Articulation Routes
Download our progression route map here
- SCQF Level 6 Route to Health Professions which will give you the entry requirements to study nursing and other allied health professions at University
- Other relevant Level 6 course
- Support work roles in health or social care
Course Cost And Funding Options
This course will start week commencing...
This course will end on...