THIS COURSE IS SPECIFICALLY FOR SENIOR PHASE SCHOOL PUPILS WHILE STILL AT SCHOOL.
If you`re looking to pursue a career in a health profession which is both challenging and rewarding then this course is for you. You must be in 5th or 6th year at school and want to experience learning in a college environment. If you have the required qualifications then this can lead to HNC Care and Administrative Practice or a place at university to study nursing or other health and social care related degrees. If you need more information please contact email@example.com
Throughout this course, you will be studying a wide range of subject areas that will ensure that you have the best foundations to progress to the next stage of your studies.
- Skills for Work Higher
- Understanding and Supporting People in Health and Social Care Settings
- Care Principles and Practice
- Working in Health and Social Care settings
- Health, Safety and Protection Issues in Care Settings
- Preparation for work in Health and Social Care
- No Placement, however, employers may be involved in your course
- Studying other Highers at school. If you want to progress onto health courses at SCQF Level 6/7 you should be studying National 5 or Higher Biology.
English Proficiency Requirements
How the course is assessed
- The course is assessed through SQA national assessments and projects
Information on Test/Auditions/Interview Requirements
- You require to complete a detailed personal statement indicating why you want to study on the Health and Social Care Academy
Progression And Articulation Routes
- Exit to employment/modern apprenticeships in health or social care.
- Depending on your individual qualifications you may be able to apply to a university for a relevant degree or progress onto either a fulltime level 6 or 7 course at college.
- Support work roles in health or social care
Number Of Days Per Week/Day Of The Week/Time Of The Day
- You will attend college on Tuesday and Thursday afternoons