THIS COURSE IS SPECIFICALLY FOR SENIOR PHASE SCHOOL PUPILS WHILE STILL AT SCHOOL
Are you in 4th or 5th year at school and looking for an exciting opportunity to learn about health and social care or want to start your journey to becoming a health professional while learning in a college environment? This course will prepare you for work in Health or Social Care or progression on to a relevant Higher level course at college. If you need more information contact Michelle.Caie@edinburghcollege.ac.uk
- Care National 5
- Values and Principles
- Human development and Behaviour
- Social Influences
- Preparation for work in Health and Social Care
- No placement, however, employers will be involved in the delivery of your course
- School students in the 4th/5th/6th year.
- 4 National 4’s including English
- If you want to progress onto health courses at SCQF Level 6 you must have National 4 Biology.
- Genuine interest in working/studying health and social care.
English Proficiency Requirements
How the course is assessed
- The course is assessed by SQA national assessments projects and an external exam
Information on Test/Auditions/Interview Requirements
- You are required to write a detailed personal statement stating why you want to study on the Health and Social Care Academy
Progression And Articulation Routes
- National 5 Progression: exit to employment/modern apprenticeships in health or social care/progression to college courses.
- Support work roles in health or social care
Number Of Days Per Week/Day Of The Week/Time Of The Day
- You will be in college on a Tuesday and Thursday