This one-year exciting course will enhance your existing Hairdressing skills and knowledge gained at Level 2, or through the work you have already carried out in your salon.
Equipped with a more advanced skillset will enable you to develop your passion for hairdressing. The course involves theory sessions to give you the knowledge to complete the assignments and e-assessments required for the course. You will work in our professional salon environment gain practical experience working on clients in our professional salon environment and Academy working with high-end product companies such as Wella during practical sessions on paying clients to enhance your employability prospects further.
You will be provided with up to date training in new innovations and techniques with leading product manufacturers and barbers. Edinburgh College is recognised as a Centre of Excellence by Wella - one of only two Scottish colleges this professional recognition reflects the exceptional standard of facilities and training you’ll experience during your course.
Please note: there is an additional cost for course kit, uniforms and books which must be purchased prior to starting the course. Students will be expected to bring in clients for practice and assessment purposes
- Providing Consultation Services
- Creative Cutting
- Colouring and Lightening
- Styling and Dressing
- Colour Correction
- Developing Creative Hairdressing Skills
- Planning Promotional Events
- All students must have a work placement in place at the beginning of the course - one day per week (9-4pm) for the full academic year
How Course Is Assessed:
- All practical assessments are carried out on paying clients within our salons
- The theoretical aspects of the course are carried out under exam conditions
Number of Days per week:
- 4 days per week (9-4pm) plus one evening (4:30-8pm)
- You must be 16 years of age or older before the start date of the course
- All applicants must hold a minimum recognised Hairdressing qualification at Level 2 or equivalent
English Proficiency Requirements:
Information on Test/Auditions/Interview Requirements:
- Successful applicants will be invited to a formal interview, this will include a practical trade test and written task. All criteria will be sent out prior to an interview
- The formal interview has scoring criteria based on - presentation and communication skills at interview, along with the practical trade test and written task
Help find your perfect career with Career Coach
- You will be fully qualified to gain employment within the Hairdressing industry at a technical and/or supervisory level
Our success stories speak for themselves. Our students take part in a variety of events and competitions over their time at college eg the Association of Hairdressing and Therapists (AHT) National Competition Wella Exposure to name but a few. Recent events include Hair Club Live ‘Open Chair’ competitions and representing HABIA (the hairdressing national lead body) on stage at the Scottish Hair and Beauty Show.
This year we are hosting the Great British Barber Bash with show-stopping workshops with some of the best barbers in the UK
Use our Funding Tool to assist you with financial support
Fees - Information about funding can be found here
This course will start week commencing... br >
This course will end on...