This 18-week course is an exciting insight into the Beauty and MakeUp industry which is aimed at both school leavers and mature learners looking for a change in career.
It introduces the skills you need for entry into the industry with practical and theoretical units covering basic make-up, make-up consultancy, brow shaping and tinting. The course also includes more creative units such as the art of photographic make-up, covering period, fantasy and bridal makeup looks, and body art design, which allows candidates to create their own 2D designs which they apply to a 3D surface.
You will work in our salons or studios providing a realistic industry environment which will give you valuable practical experience. You will also have the opportunity to undertake employment experience within our evening salons, these skills will enhance your employability prospects even further. You will be assessed on your occupational competence along with VTCT assessment criteria for e-assessment where applicable.
Please note: there is an additional cost for course kit, uniforms and books which must be purchased prior to starting the course.
- Instruct and Apply Make- Up
- The Art of Photographic Make-Up
- Eyelash and Eyebrow Treatments
- Body Art Design
- Health and Safety
- Client care and Communication
- Display and Promote Products and Services
- There is no work placement required for this course,
however you will be working on clients in our realistic employability salons.
How Course Is Assessed:
- All practical assessments are carried out on paying clients within our salons. The theoretical aspects of the course are carried out under exam conditions
Number of Days per week:
- 21 hours per week, (9-4pm) plus one evening (4:30-7.30pm)
- All applicants must be 16 years of age or older before the start date of the course and must hold :
- Minimum 3 passes at SCQF Level 4 - preferably in English and Biology and pass an interview task
- Mature returners entry with successful interview and pass interview task
English Proficiency Requirements:
Information on Test/Auditions/Interview Requirements:
- Successful applicants will be invited to a formal interview - all criteria will be sent out prior to interview date.
- The interview will include a practical trade test and written task
which you will be asked to complete prior to the interview
formal interview has a scoring criteria based on - presentation and
communication skills at interview, along with the practical trade test and
Help find your perfect career with Career Coach
Opportunity to work in department stores and make up boutiques as a Beauty Consultant carrying out make up applications, retailing products, and offering skincare and makeup advice to customers as required.
- You will have knowledge in promoting and selling skills to help you achieve targets set out by employers in this fast-growing industry.
Download our progression route map here
VTCT Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Beauty Make-Up
- NC Beauty Care
- NC Wellness Award
Our success stories speak for themselves. We are proud winners year after year in varying competitions e.g. WorldSkills UK - where hundreds of students from across the country compete in one of the industry’s top events.
We hold excellent, long standing, industry partnerships and continue to be a well-established and highly recognised college for the beauty and makeup industry.
Use our Funding Tool to assist you with financial support
Fees - Information about funding can be found here
This course will start week commencing... br >
This course will end on... br >