If you have already reached SVQ Level 2 Beauty Therapy and want to build on your knowledge and skills then this is the course for you. You will combine practical and theory work in areas such as massage and body and facial electrotherapy gaining practical experience working in our Employability Salons and Academy to give you valuable real-life work experience in the industry ensuring you are ready and fully qualified to walk into employment within the beauty therapy industry. This course is a fantastic preparation for becoming a practitioner in the industry as well as equipping you with the skills you need to continue on to further studies at HNC Level.
You will be provided with up to date training in new innovations and techniques with leading product manufacturers and reps from the beauty industry.
Edinburgh College is the first flagship Vocational Training Charitable Trust (VTCT) College in Scotland. This professional recognition reflects the exceptional standard of facilities and training you’ll experience during your course.
Please note: there is an additional cost for course kit, uniforms and books which must be purchased prior to starting the course. Students will also be expected to bring in clients for practice and assessment purposeschnicians must be registered with the General Pharmaceutical Council (GPHc) and have satisfied us that they meet our requirements”.
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Monitor Procedures to Safely Control Work Operations
- Planning and Implementation of Promotional Activities
- Facial Electrical Treatments
- Body Electrical Treatments
- Body Massage
- Stone Therapy Treatment
- Design and create fashion and photographic make-up
- Provide cosmetic skin peel treatments
- All students at this level will take part in a work placement programme during their studies.
- You will also gain work experience in our Employability salons as part of the course.
- These are mandatory requirements of the course
How Course Is Assessed:
- All practical assessments are carried out on paying clients within our salons
- The theory aspects of the course are carried out under exam conditions completing open book assessments, essays, case studies and e-assessment multiple choice questions
Number of Days per week:
- 4 days per week (9-4pm) plus one evening (4:30-8pm) and one-day work placement
- All applicants must be qualified to a minimum in Level 2 Beauty Therapy
- You will be fully qualified to work within the Beauty industry
English Proficiency Requirements:
Information on Test/Auditions/Interview Requirements:
- A formal interview which has scoring criteria based on - presentation and communication skills at interview practical trade test and written exam
Progression RoutesDownload our progression route map here
Our success stories speak for themselves. We are proud winners year after year in varying competitions eg WorldSkills UK –where hundreds of students from across the country compete in one of the industry’s top events and have featured on the BBC’s One Show with Dom Littlewood.
BBC`s One Show and Edinburgh College
n she was accepted on the SWAP Access to Humanities course.
Use our Funding Tool to assist you with financial support
Fees - Information about funding can be found here