This one-year exciting course covers the skills required to enter into the beauty industry. You will attend theory classes to give you the knowledge to complete the written work and e-assessments required for the course and gain essential practical experience in our professional salon environment and Elemis Academy working on clients with high-end product companies and equipment. You will also have the opportunity to undertake an external placement, which will enhance your employability prospects even further.
You will be provided with up to date training in new innovations and techniques with leading product manufacturers and reps from the beauty industry. Edinburgh College is the first flagship Vocational Training Charitable Trust (VTCT) College in Scotland. This professional recognition reflects the exceptional standard of facilities and training you’ll experience during your course.
Please note: there is an additional cost for course kit, uniforms and books which must be purchased prior to starting the course. Students will also be expected to bring in clients for practice and assessment purposes
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Health and Safety
- Promoting Additional Products or Services to Clients
- Effectiveness at Work
- Facial Treatments
- Eyebrows and Lashes Waxing Treatments
- Manicure and Pedicure Services
- Assist Spa Operations
- Provide Makeup Services
- Salon Reception Skills
- All students at this level will take part in a work placement programme during their studies.
How Course Is Assessed:
- All practical aspects of the course are assessed on paying clients within our salons
- The theory aspects of the course are carried out under exam conditions completing open book assessments or e-assessment multiple choice questions
Number of Days per week:
- 4 days per week (9-4pm) plus one evening (4:30-8pm) and one-day work placement
- All applicants must be 16 years of age or older before the start date of the course and must hold a minimum 3 passes at SCQF Level 4 - preferably in English, Biology and another science
English Proficiency Requirements:
Information on Test/Auditions/Interview Requirements:
- A formal interview which has a scoring criteria based on - presentation and communication skills at interview practical trade test and written exam
- Opportunity for part-time work in a salon carrying out basic beauty treatments
Download our progression route map here
- VTCT Level 3 Beauty Therapy
- VTCT Level 3 Spa Therapy
Our success stories speak for themselves. We are proud winners year after year in varying competitions eg WorldSkills UK –where hundreds of students from across the country compete in one of the industry’s top events and have featured on the BBC’s One Show with Dom Littlewood
BBC`s One Show and Edinburgh College
Fees - Information about funding can be found here
This course will start week commencing...