This 18 week course will provide you with the knowledge, understanding and skills to work competently as an advanced beauty therapist specialising in makeup.
The course is suited to individuals who have previously completed Level 2 Beauty Therapy or hold an equivalent Level 2 certificate within e.g. Cosmetic Makeup and Beauty Consultancy.
Throughout this qualification, you will monitor procedures to safely control work operations, contribute to the planning and implementation of promotional activities, design and create fashion and photographic make-up and provide specialist skin camouflage services. You will also learn how to manage the finances of a business, learn the skills of applying individual eyelash extensions and application of Self-Tanning.
You will work in our salons or studios providing a realistic industry environment which will give you valuable practical experience to help you fulfil a career as a Beauty Make-up specialist. You will also have the opportunity to undertake employment experience within our evening salons, these skills will enhance your employability prospects even further. You will be assessed on your occupational competence along with VTCT assessment criteria for e-assessment where applicable.
Please note: there is an additional cost for course kit, uniforms and books which must be purchased prior to starting the course.
- Design and Create Fashion and Photographic Makeup
- Facial Skincare
- Provide Specialist Skin Camouflage Services
- Plan and Provide Airbrush Makeup
- Eyelash Extensions
- Self-Tanning Services
- Health and Safety
- Client Care and Communication
- Promotional Activity and Services
- Employment experience will take place within our evening employability salons.
- Please note this is a mandatory aspect of the course.
How Course Is Assessed:
- All practical assessments are carried out on paying clients within our salons.
- The theoretical aspects of the course are carried out under exam conditions completing open book assessments
Number of Days per week:
- 18 hours per week (9-4pm) plus one evening (4:30-7.30 pm)
- All applicants must be 16 years of age or older before the start date of the course and must hold:
- Level 2 Certificate in Cosmetic Make-Up and Beauty Consultancy or Level 2 Beauty Therapy
English Proficiency Requirements:
Information on Test/Auditions/Interview Requirements:
- Successful applicants will be invited to a formal interview - all criteria will be sent out prior to the interview date
- The interview will include a practical trade test and written task which you will be asked to complete prior to the interview
- The formal interview has a scoring criterion based on - presentation and communication skills at the interview, along with the practical trade test and written task
Help find your perfect career with Career Coach
- Enter employment in the beauty and makeup industry as a freelance Beauty Make-up specialist
- Work as part of a team within the Beauty make-up industry
- Further your skills as a Beauty make-up specialist and lash technician with personal CPD
- Develop your hairdressing and make-up skills further with progression onto Hairdressing and Make-Up Techniques for the Hair & Beauty Consultant (18 week course)
- You will have also gained some knowledge in the financial effectiveness of the business and this will assist individuals looking to become self-employed
Download our progression route map here
- Hairdressing and Make-Up Techniques for the Hair & Beauty Consultant
- HND Beauty Therapy (2 year)
- NPA Make-Up Artistry
- HNC Fashion Make-Up
Our success stories speak for themselves. We are proud winners year after year in varying competitions e.g. WorldSkills UK - where hundreds of students from across the country compete in one of the industry’s top events.
We hold established industry partnerships and continue to be a well-established and recognised college for the beauty and makeup industry.
Use our Funding Tool to assist you with financial support
Fees - Information about funding can be found here