This18 week course is an exciting progression into makeup artistry which is suited to individuals who have previously completed level 2 beauty therapy or hold an equivalent level 2 certificate within eg Cosmetic Makeup and Beauty Consultancy. This qualification will provide you with the knowledge understanding and skills to work competently as an advanced beauty therapist specialising in makeup.
Throughout this qualification, you will monitor procedures to safely control work operations contribute to the planning and implementation of promotional activities design and create fashion and photographic make-up and provide specialist skin camouflage services. You will also learn how to manage the finances of a business learn the skills of applying individual eyelash extensions and application of Self-Tanning.
You will work in our salons or studios providing a realistic industry environment which will give you valuable practical experience to help you fulfil a career as a makeup artist. You will also have the opportunity to undertake employment experience within our evening salons these skills will enhance your employability prospects even further. You will be assessed on your occupational competence along with VTCT assessment criteria for e-assessment where applicable.
All applicants must be at least 16 years of age prior to the start of the course and must be qualified in level 2 beauty therapy or hold an equivalent level 2 certificate eg Cosmetic Makeup and Beauty Consultancy. Successful applicants will be invited to a formal interview which may include a practical aspect during the interview along with a written task. The criteria for the tests will be emailed to you prior to interview Please note: there is an additional cost for course kit uniforms and books which must be purchased prior to starting the course.
- Design and Create Fashion and Photographic Makeup
- Facial Skincare
- Provide Specialist Skin Camouflage Services
- Plan and Provide Airbrush Makeup
- Eyelash Extensions
- Self-Tanning Services
- Health and Safety
- Client Care and Communication
- Promotional Activity and Services
- Employment experience will take place within our evening employability salons. Please note this is a mandatory aspect of the course.
How Course Is Assessed:
- All practical assessments are carried out on paying clients within our salons
- The theory aspects of the course are carried out under exam conditions completing open book assessments
Number of Days per week:
- 18 hours per week (9-4pm) plus one evening (4:30-8pm)
- All applicants must be 16 years of age or older before the start date of the course
- Level 2 Beauty Therapy Award or equivalent Or Level 2 certificate in Cosmetic Makeup and Beauty Consultancy
English Proficiency Requirements:
Information on Test/Auditions/Interview Requirements:
- Successful applicants will be invited to a formal interview which may include a practical test and written task. All criteria will be sent out prior to an interview.
- The formal interview has scoring criteria based on - presentation and communication skills at interview, along with the practical trade test and written task
Help find your perfect career with Career Coach
- Enter employment in the beauty and makeup industry as a freelance makeup artist
- Work as part of a team within the makeup Industry
- Further your skills as a makeup artist and lash technician with personal CPD
- Develop your skills further in the world of fashion and photographic makeup with possible progression onto HNC make up artistry
- Further higher qualifications may also be required at this level. You will have also gained some knowledge in financial effectiveness of the business and this will assist individuals looking to become self-employed
Download our progression route map here
- HND Beauty Therapy (2 year)
- NPA Makeup Skills
- HNC Makeup Artistry
Our success stories speak for themselves. We are proud winners year after year in varying competitions eg WorldSkills UK - where hundreds of students from across the country compete in one of the industry’s top events Hold industry partnerships and continue to be a well-established and recognised college for the beauty and makeup industry.
We also featured on the BBC`s One Show with Dom Littlewood.
Use our Funding Tool to assist you with financial support
Fees - Information about funding can be found here
This course will start week commencing... br >
This course will end on...