If you`re looking to develop your beauty therapy skills to a higher level this one year course is for you. Equipped with a more advanced skillset you will be well prepared to develop your passion for Beauty Therapy by progressing to a more technical and supervisory level. You will learn the therapeutic skills and knowledge you need to move into the higher levels of the beauty industry performing a variety of more advanced beauty treatment plans including holistic therapies to meet industry requirements. You will also gain more hands-on experience through working in our employability salon and Academy with the high-end product company Elemis thus enhancing your employability prospects even further.
We make sure you are fully prepared for the industry and setting up your own successful business with a wide range of salon and spa environments by assessing you in different methods from your work experience with clients and case studies to oral presentation skills.
You will be provided with up to date training in new innovations and techniques with leading product manufacturers and reps from the beauty industry. Edinburgh College is the first flagship Vocational Training Charitable Trust (VTCT) College in Scotland. This professional recognition reflects the exceptional standard of facilities and training you’ll experience during your course.
Please note: there is an additional cost for course kit, uniforms and books which must be purchased prior to starting the course. Students will also be expected to bring in clients for practice and assessment purposes
- Beauty Therapy: Graded Unit 2
- Lifestyle Advice
- Beauty Therapy: Promotional and Selling Skills
- Advanced Facial & Body Techniques
- Beauty Therapy: Depilation Advanced
- Aromatherapy Massage
- Beauty Therapy: Make-Up Skills
- Liquid and Powder Nail Enhancements
- Eyebrow Artistry
- Contemporary Spa Massage
- Traditional Head Massage Treatments
- All students at this level will take part in a work placement programme during their studies
How Course Is Assessed:
- All practical assessments are carried out on paying clients within our salons
- The theory aspects of the course are carried out under exam conditions completing open and closed book assessments, essays, case studies and research
Number of Days per week:
- 3 days per week (9-4pm) plus one evening (4:30-8pm) and one-day work placement
- All applicants must be qualified to HNC Level in Beauty Therapy
- You will be fully qualified to the highest level in the Industry and therefore have employment opportunities as a beauty therapist manager of a spa or beauty salon or start up your own business. You may also continue your studies to degree level in complimentary therapies or business studies
English Proficiency Requirements:
Information on Test/Auditions/Interview Requirements:
- A formal interview which has a scoring criteria based on - presentation and communication skills at interview practical trade, test and written exam
Our success stories speak for themselves. We are proud winners year after year in varying competitions eg WorldSkills UK –where hundreds of students from across the country compete in one of the industry’s top events and have featured on the BBC’s One Show with Dom Littlewood.
BBC`s One Show and Edinburgh College
Use our Funding Tool to assist you with financial support
Fees - Information about funding can be found here