If you’re looking to learn beauty therapy skills to a higher level this 2-year course is for you. You will be taught and assessed on basic beauty therapies and a more advanced skillset to prepare you for a career in Beauty Therapy which can lead to a more technical and supervisory level.
You will learn the therapeutic skills and knowledge you need to move into the highest level of the beauty industry performing a variety of basic beauty therapy skills and more advanced beauty treatment plans including holistic therapies to meet industry requirements. You will also gain more hands-on experience through working in our employability salon with the high-end product company Elemis, thus enhancing your employability prospects even further.
We make sure you are fully prepared for the industry and setting up your own successful business with a wide range of salon and spa environments by assessing you in different methods from your work experience with clients case studies to oral presentation skills. Please note: there is an additional cost for course kit uniforms and books which must be purchased prior to starting the course.
- Beauty Therapy: Applied Anatomy and Physiology
- Beauty Therapy: Graded Unit 1
- Beauty Therapy: Face and Body Treatment Packages
- Beauty Therapy: Product Knowledge
- Body Massage Treatments
- Beauty Therapy: Depilation
- Beauty Therapy: Hand and Foot Therapies
- Beauty Therapy: Facial Therapy Treatments
- Beauty Therapy: Face and Body Electrotherapy
- Beauty Therapy: Professional Salon Skills
- Beauty Therapy: Graded Unit 2
- Beauty Therapy: Promotional and Selling Skills
- Beauty Therapy: Depilation Advanced
- Advanced Facial and Body Techniques
- Lifestyle Advice
- Aromatherapy Massage
- Beauty Therapy: Contemporary Aesthetic Treatment
- Beauty Therapy: Make-Up Skills
- Light Curing Gel Nail Enhancements
You will be required to gain work experience in our Employability salons as part of the course. You will be required to complete a work experience placement in your first year of this course in Semester 2. You will be expected to be in part time employment in the Beauty Industry on commencement of year 2 of this course. Please note these are mandatory aspects of the course.
How Course Is Assessed:
- All practical assessments are carried out on paying clients within our salons
- The theoretical aspects of the course are carried out under exam conditions completing open and closed book assessments, essays, case studies and research
Number of Days per week:
- 20 hours per week (9-4pm) plus one evening (4:30-8pm)
- All applicants must be 16 years of age or older before the start date of the course
- Minimum of 2 passes at SCQF Level 6 preferably in English and Biology
You will be fully qualified to the highest level in the Industry and therefore have employment opportunities as a beauty therapist manager of a spa or beauty salon or start up your own business.
English Proficiency Requirements:
Information on Test/Auditions/Interview Requirements:
- Successful applicants will be invited to a formal interview this will include a practical trade test and written task. All criteria will be sent out prior to an interview.
- The formal interview has a scoring criterion based on - presentation and communication skills at interview along with the practical trade test and written task
Once you have successfully achieved your first year you will progress into the second year of this course. Thereafter you may continue your studies to degree level in complementary therapies or business studies.Download our progression route map here
Our success stories speak for themselves. We are proud winners year after year in varying competitions e.g. WorldSkills UK - where hundreds of students from across the country compete in one of the industry’s top events. We have excellent industry partnerships and continue to be a well-established and recognised college for the beauty and makeup industry.
Use our Funding Tool to assist you with financial support
Fees - Information about funding can be found here
This course will start week commencing... br >
This course will end on... br >