This exciting 18-week fast track course will enhance your existing Barbering skills and knowledge gained at Level 2, or through the work you have already carried out in your barbering shop.
Equipped with a more advanced skillset will enable you to develop your passion for barbering. The course involves theory sessions to give you the knowledge to complete the assignments and e-assessments required for the course. You will gain essential practical experience working with clients in our professional salon environment and Academy working with high-end product companies such as Wella to enhance your employability prospects further.
You will be provided with up to date training in new innovations and techniques with leading product manufacturers and barbers. Edinburgh College is recognised as a Centre of Excellence by Wella - one of only two Scottish colleges this professional recognition reflects the exceptional standard of facilities and training you’ll experience during your course.
Please note: there is an additional cost for course kit, uniforms and books which must be purchased prior to starting the course. Students will also be expected to bring in clients for practice and assessment purposes
- Providing consultation services
- Creative cutting
- Shaving services
- Planning promotional events
- Financial effectiveness of the business
- All students must have a work placement in place at the beginning of the course - one day per week (9-4pm) for the full academic year
How Course Is Assessed:
- All practical assessments are carried out on paying clients within our salons, working either independently with your own clients or working as a team member
- The theory aspects of the course are carried out under exam conditions completing open book assessments
Number of Days per week:
- 4 days per week (9-4pm) plus one evening (4:30-8pm) and one-day work placement
- All applicants must hold a minimum recognised level 2 Barbering or Hairdressing qualification, or equivalent
- Must be currently working in the Barbering or Hairdressing industry
English Proficiency Requirements:
Information on Test/Auditions/Interview Requirements:
- Successful applicants will be invited to a formal interview, this will include a practical trade test and written task. All criteria will be sent out prior to an interview.
- The formal interview has a scoring, criteria based on - presentation and communication skills at interview, along with the practical trade test and written task
Help find your perfect career with Career Coach
- Employment within the Barbering industry at a technical and/or supervisory level
Our success stories speak for themselves. Our students take part in a variety of events and competitions over their time at college eg the Association of Hairdressing and Therapists (AHT) National Competition Wella Exposure to name but a few. Recent events include Hair Club Live ‘Open Chair’ competitions and representing HABIA (the hairdressing national lead body) on stage at the Scottish Hair and Beauty Show.
This year we are hosting the Great British Barber Bash with show-stopping workshops with some of the best barbers in the UK. We also have had the pleasure and honour of the UK leading Barber in Male Grooming Chris Foster working with our barbering students.
Use our Funding Tool to assist you with financial support
Fees - Information about funding can be found here
This course will start week commencing... br >
This course will end on...