HNC Legal Services is designed to give you a basic understanding of Scots law which will equip you for employment where knowledge of law and legal procedures are relevant. During this course you will develop competency in a variety of specialised legal areas. This course will provide an entry route to HND Legal Services.
At the same time the awards were designed to maintain the already established articulation routes into various HE degree programmes, including LLB and BA Law.
- Scottish Legal Systems
- Commercial Law
- Legal Research Techniques
- Property Law
- Personal Development
- Scots Private Law
- Complex Oral Communication
- Graded Unit Exam
- At least one Higher (SCQF level 6) in English, Modern Studies, History or Economics or
- An appropriate grouping of National Units in Legal Services or Communication
- An International English Language Test Score of 5.5 (recommended Higher National entry level)
- Higher National Unit DE1K 33 (Workplace Communication in English.)
English Proficiency Requirements
How the course is assessed
You will be continually assessed through on going assessments. This course also includes an exam.
Information on Test/Auditions/Interview Requirements
You will be required to take part in an interview in person or via skype/telephone.
Progression And Articulation Routes
- HND Legal Services
- First year of University to study Business Law or LLB
- The Conveyancing, Debt Recovery, and Executry choices within the HNC specifically meet the needs of paralegals who are undertaking the award either part time over two years or by distance learning
- The level 8 Units are undoubtedly challenging for full time candidates who may not already be in employment as paralegals, and these Units are not recommended for them
- For full time candidates there is a choice of level 7 Units within the options, which will allow them to achieve the HNC, and provide an employment route into a variety of administrative roles within central and local government or related opportunities within a business or commercial context
2 evenings per week over 2 years
Course Cost And Funding Options
Fee: £777 Sighthill part-time (year 1)
This course will start on…
This course will end on...