THIS COURSE IS SPECIFICALLY FOR SENIOR PHASE SCHOOL PUPILS WHILE STILL AT SCHOOL.
Accountants help individuals and organisations to keep track of their money find new ways to grow their business and increase profitability. The Foundation Apprenticeship in Accountancy is a great way to get hands-on experience in this fast-paced dynamic industry.
You will have the unique chance to develop skills and knowledge across a range of accountancy topics at college alongside a valuable work placement with an employer. It’s an opportunity to gain an industry recognised qualification and try out a career while you are still at school.
The Foundation Apprenticeship in Accountancy is a 2-year course which is open to pupils entering 5th year. You must have the ability to study at SCQF level 6 (Higher equivalent) in a vocational setting and meet the entry requirements of the course. Attainment will be measured by ongoing assessment in college and throughout an employer work placement.
- Prepare Management Accounting Information
- Prepare Financial Accounting Information
- Analysing Accounting Information
- Recording Data in Ledger
- Professional Values for Accountancy
- Final Accounts Preparation
- Indirect Tax
- Work placement in year 2 of qualification
- Applicants should have achieved or are working towards National 5s, preferably in Maths and English.
- A good level of written and spoken English.
- A good level of numeracy skills.
- Applicants must have an interest in a career in the Fiial Services Sector.
- If your application is successful you will be invited for an interview at college.
English Proficiency Requirements
How the course is assessed
Information on Test/Auditions/Interview Requirements
- If your application is approved you will be invited for an interview at the college
Progression And Articulation Routes
- Gain accelerated entry onto the level 3 Modern Apprenticeship in Accounting Go on to study at college or university Go straight into a job with an accountancy employer or in a related industry such as business and finance
Number Of Days Per Week/Day Of The Week/Time Of The Day
- 2 Afternoons year 1
- 1Day year 2