This PDA is recognised as a formal qualification for entry into the Law Society of Scotland’s Registered Paralegal Scheme for the legal domain of Domestic Conveyancing.
The PDA in Domestic Conveyancing meets all the training requirements for this cross-section of the legal sector, mapping to the general and relevant domain-specific competences from the Law Society of Scotland.
These Law Society competencies are designed specifically to testify to competence required of paralegals in the workplace and these competencies must be demonstrated to an employer in the pre-registration year in order to become a Law Society of Scotland Registered Paralegal.
The general aims of the PDA are to:
- Develop the competencies required by employers to undertake specialist paralegal support roles within the legal profession
- Develop and apply a range of vocational knowledge and skills in an integrated manner to the analysis of complex legal problems
- Develop skills in researching, planning, organising and investigating legal issues and problems in depth
- Develop and adopt a proactive approach to problem-solving
- Develop the capacity to respond quickly to the challenges posed by changes in the law and business/legal environment
- Provide the skills and competencies required to progress as a qualified paralegal
- Essential Skills for Paralegals
- Applying Scots Property Law
- Domestic Conveyancing
- Learners are expected in the main to be already working as a paralegal, either as a trainee or a more experienced paralegal in this or another legal specialism, although this is not essential. Ideally learners would have some experience in conveyancing transactions, although this is also not essential.
- Learners would be expected to have competence in Communication at SCQF level 6 or equivalent.
- Learners who have achieved either the HNC or HND in Legal Services, who are not yet employed as a paralegal.
- Learners will be considered on an individual basis depending on prior qualifications and experience. Learners would be expected to have competence in Communication at SCQF level 6 or equivalent.
English Proficiency Requirements
How the course is assessed
Information on Test/Auditions/Interview Requirements
- You will be required to take part in an interview either via telephone or skype
Progression And Articulation Routes
- HND Legal Services
- PDAs for Paralegals
- 1st, 2nd or 3rd year of business-related degree programmes depending on other prior qualifications
- Employment within the legal sector
Course Cost And Funding Options
Fee: £561 Sighthill part-time (year 1)
This course will start on…
This course will end on...