This course is suitable for candidates who are keen to develop their IT, Communication and Organisational Skills to either help them secure a position as a Finance Assistant, Personal Assistant, Administrator or Office Manager or seek to improve their career in the workplace.
The part-time HNC AIT takes 2 years to complete. Day Release involves attending college 1 full day a week.
In addition to offering the HNC Group Award, the course is designed to enable you to achieve a PDA Certificate on the successful completion of each year of the course. These are a PDA: Information Technology in Business and PDA: Office Administration.
- Personal Development Planning
- Office Technologies
- Office Administration
- IT in Business: Word Processing and Presentation Applications
- IT in Business: Spreadsheets
- IT in Business: Databases
- IT in Business: Desktop Publishing
- IT in Business: Word Processing, Spreadsheets and Databases: An Introduction
- Recording Financial Transactions
- Communications: Business Communication
- Administration and Information Technology: Graded Unit
How Course Is Assessed:
Number of Days per week:
- 2 Highers or relevant experience in an office environment.
English Proficiency Requirements:
Help find your perfect career with Career Coach
- Second year HND Relevant course at university in Year 2.
The administration course I have been doing at Edinburgh College helped me to find a new job. I found recently an HR Assistant position and I truly enjoy it. All I’ve learnt at college over the last few years enhanced my skills, abilities and confidence. I feel grateful for all of this and it keeps me motivated and uplifted. I look forward to the second year of the HNC Administration course next academic year.
Use our Funding Tool to assist you with financial support
Fees - Information about funding can be found here