Product Design will give you the broad practical skills base you`ll need in Engineering Art and Design. You`ll develop the skills and knowledge necessary for basic engineering skills and maintenance, working on a range of engineering systems including fitting using hand skills, fabrication and welding, engineering manufacturing, project design and more.
Reflecting changes and emerging markets within the engineering concepts and creative industries sectors Product Design provides candidates with an insight and awareness into new innovative working practices. This course will allow you to build your creative and practical Art and Design skills on a live project in conjunction with The National Galleries of Scotland. You will work as part of a design team to create designs for and learn the fabrication skills to manufacture a travelling Art Studio for the NGS Education Dept. Students will learn how to initiate and develop creative ideas from the design brief through developmental drawing and CAD and learn welding and construction techniques to fully realise the final Product.
- Mechanical and Fabrication practical skills
- Art and Design
- Team working skills
- Design and Manufacture skills
- Engineering materials
- Skills and attitudes for employability plus and understanding of the workplace
- Employability and essential core skills
How Course Is Assessed:
- Outcome by outcome
- Project completion
Number of Days per week:
- Although there are no formal qualifications required a minimum 2 passes at SCQF Level 4 preferred
- An interest in Art Design and Engineering is required
- Applicants must have a good general understanding of the creative process from either school college or previous study and experience.
English Proficiency Requirements:
Help find your perfect career with Career Coach
- The course is a preparation for employment or future study in these areas by allowing you to develop your critical thinking, capacity and reflective evaluation processes within a technically challenging and innovative learning environment.
Download our progression route map here
- Art and Design courses
- Engineering courses
Use our Funding Tool to assist you with financial support
Fees - Information about funding can be found here