This course is designed for supervisors and managers who work in a medium to high risk environment and is ideal if you require basic knowledge of occupational health and safety. This course is the perfect first step towards a career in occupational health and safety.
For open learning students, this course is studied through work books. Students will set their own timetable but will have tutor support. Students may also attend college every Tuesday evening to meet their tutor and other students, with opportunities to ask questions and participate in exercises.
This course will allow employees to progress on to further study at diploma level which can be studied at Edinburgh College
Our open learning format allows you to join the course at any time.
- Foundations in Health and Safety
- Health & Safety Management Systems
- Measuring Audit and Review
- Workplace Hazards and Risk Control
- Transport Hazards and Risk Control
- Musculoskeletal Hazards and Risk Control
- Work Equipment Hazards and Risk Control
- Electrical Safety
- Fire Safety
- Chemical and Biological Health Hazards and Risk Control
- Physical and Psychological Health Hazards and Risk Control
- Health and Safety Practical Application
How Course Is Assessed:
- 2 final theory exams and 1 practical assessment in the workplace.
Number of Days per week:
- There are no qualifications required for entry to the certificate
English Proficiency Requirements:
Help find your perfect career with Career Coach
- NEBOSH Diploma to forward your career as a health and safety professional.
- The certificate is on a unit basis so once a unit is obtained it can be used to complete parts of other certificate courses.
Fees - Information about funding can be found here
Fee: £842 Open Learning (year 1) Use our Funding Tool to assist you with financial support
This course will start week commencing... br >
This course will end on... br >