The course is the perfect first step towards a career in occupational health and safety for supervisors and managers who work in a medium to high-risk environment. The course will teach you the essential requirements of health, safety and welfare legislation ensuring you are well prepared to carry out workplace inspections competently as well as being able to prepare suitably written reports.
This course is studied through classroom learning 1 day per week, incorporating textbook learning and lecturers. Written homework is set each week to help students prepare for their written exam.
This course can also be studied via open learning.
This course will allow employees to progress on to further study at diploma level which can be studied at Edinburgh College.
- Foundations in Health and Safety Policy and Planning
- Measuring Audit and Review
- Workplace Hazards and Risk Control
- Transport Hazards and Risk Control
- Musculoskeletal Hazards and Risk Control
- Work Equipment Hazards and Risk Control
- Electrical Safety
- Fire Safety
- Chemical and Biological Health Hazards and Risk Control
- Physical and Psychological Health Hazards and Risk Control
- Health and Safety Practical Application
How Course Is Assessed:
- 2 theory exams and one practical in the workplace
Number of Days per week:
- There are no qualification barriers for entry to the certificate
- NEBOSH recommends a minimum standard of English equivalent to an International English Language Testing System score of 6.0 or higher in IELTS tests in order to be accepted onto a National Certificate
English Proficiency Requirements:
- NEBOSH Diploma to forward your career as a health and safety professional. The certificate is on a unit basis so once a unit is obtained it can be used to complete parts of other certificate courses.
Progression RoutesDownload our progression route map here
Fees - Information about funding can be found here
Fee: £1320 Sighthill part-time (year 1)
This course will start week commencing...