This course is designed for employees who are already working in health and safety and wish to obtain formal recognition, or for those who are taking on extra responsibilities in health and safety in the workplace. This course will cover all of the areas of which a skilled safety practitioner would be expected to look over. The NEBOSH National Diploma will provide employees with the skills and knowledge needed to excel in their chosen careers.
This course is studied through classroom learning for block release students with 1 block each month of 2-3 consecutive days. The course incorporates text book learning, lectures, video content, specialist lectures, site trips, exercises, marked homework and reading.
For open learning students, each of the 3 units involves 12 hours of learning per week, with Tuesday evening sessions, 3 half-day voluntary workshops, half-day compulsory introduction workshop and half-day compulsory revision workshop. The timetable includes extra text book reading and 3 voluntary marked tutor assessed assignments.
Open learning students are appointed a tutor who is there for them to meet, phone, email or Skype.
This course will allow employees to progress on to further study at postgraduate level.
- Unit A: Managing Health and Safety
- Unit B: Hazardous agents in the workplace
- Unit C: Workplace and work equipment
- Unit D: Application of health and safety theory and practice
How Course Is Assessed:
- The final award is dependent on completion of a 12000 word assignment and 3 examinations (one for each unit).
Number of Days per week:
- You must have passed the NEBOSH National General Certificate or equivalent.
English Proficiency Requirements:
Information on Test/Auditions/Interview Requirements:
- Telephone interview will be required.
- The course is designed to give you the expertise needed to undertake a career as a health and safety practitioner.
- You could progress onto postgraduate study.
Fees - Information about funding can be found here
Fee: £4975 Sighthill block-release (year 1)Fee: £2995 Open Learning open-learning (year 1)
This course will start week commencing...