You`ll develop your knowledge and understanding of engineering principles and systems covering a range of mechanical electrical and manufacturing disciplines. In addition there will be workshop project time which will develop your practical skills. You will also have the opportunity to study additional units to allow progression onto more advanced courses.
All units studied at SCQF Level 5
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electrical Principles
- Engineering Materials
- Pneumatics and Hydraulics
- Graphical Communications
- Safety Engineering project
Number of Days per week:
- Maths at a minimum of National 4.
- If you havent studied Maths for some time then you might benefit from taking a core maths unit before joining the course
- English at Standard National 4.
- Interview and test
- Returning and adult candidates with alternative qualifications and experience are welcome to apply.
English Proficiency Requirements:
Information on Test/Auditions/Interview Requirements:
- Entry criteria and personal statement required
- SWAP Access to Engineering which will give you access to university degree courses or College HNC/D Engineering courses. Other Level 6 NC Engineering Courses offered at the College
Use our Funding Tool to assist you with financial support
Fees - Information about funding can be found here